Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Day in Life (Photojournalism)

Photojournalism

A chef day of life

This is project 3, about a Day in the Life on Earth. We were required to find a person that is interesting to me in some aspect and illustrate an excerpt from their life. So, I had chosen the photography style to record the person that I choose. I had chosen a chef to photo shot in this project.

The name of the chef is Bong Chong Wee, 24 years old. He lives in 10th miles. His parent had opened an economy fast food booth in the shop at 10th miles. Since he was studying from the age of three, his parent changed jobs to open economy fast food booth at 10th miles. Then, he started to learn cooking skills from his father and mother. Now, he has 9 years cooking experience. In the year 2009, he was invited to become a chef in pumpkin café. I selected him because he is a hardworking young man, who wants to save money to have wedding and feed his family. In any case hard, hard work is what he had to overcome to achieve.

That was the point that I think his life was very interesting and meaningful for me.
(1)
 In my photojournalism, I had divided all the time in different screens. The first photojournalism was from 6:00 am until 7:00 am. The sky was still dark and the shop hadn’t open yet. I showed the movement when he started to bring out the entire kitchen utensil before his parent came. Some of the photo I was edited it in black and white style. This is because his booth was inside an old shop. Furthermore, I wanted to let people have the old and unique feeling.

(2)
 The second photojournalism was from 7:00 am until 8:00 am. I showed how he prepared the food ingredients for his parent to cook in the small thumbnail photo. In that screen I also have shown the environment of his working place. I used some close up shots in this photojournalism to make the whole layout look more interesting. The left hand side got the clock to show the time in that moment. That was the proof of my word. We can see the sky color was still in blue color, this can prove that moment was in the early morning 7:00 pm.

(3)
 The third photojournalism was from 8:00 am until 9:00 am. The photo was showing how he placed the food into the shelf and the delicious food view. From the photo, we can feel that he was enjoying his life. He liked to smile and his smile can cheer up people moods. I used the line in this photo to make the layout more attractive. The small food photo in the right side was used to highlight the whole layout.

(4)
The fours and fives photojournalism was from 9:00 am until 2:00 pm. It was showing how he serviced the customer. Inside the photo showed how he worked at his booth. Many customers selected their favorite food from the booth. The face emotion was very passionate when he served the customer.

(5)
(6)
The sixth photojournalism was from 2:00 pm until 3:00 pm. In this photojournalism, I got to show how he rested and drank his favorite juice and continued to clean the entire booth. There were some photos showing how he put his things inside his car and go home.

(7)
The seventh photojournalism was from 6:00 pm until 7:00 pm. I was showing the shop that he worked at and some of the environment photo to let people know that he was working at this Pumpkin Café at night. The Pumpkin Café logo with the front view of the shop was used in this photojournalism. Then, I also got one photo with him wearing chef clothes to show his chef’s temperament feeling.

(8)
The eighth photojournalism was from 7:00 pm until 8:00 pm. I got to shoot the little things like clocks, calendars, order list papers, a refrigerator, little whiteboard and piece of paper to remind worker to check the ingredient every day. These small things can make the whole story look more attractive. This can show the way he get the food order list and start to prepare the food ingredient to cook.

(9)
 The ninth photojournalism was from 8:00 pm until 9:00 pm. It was a process to prepare a vegetable mix meat salad. I have shot some close up photo on the food. This can make the process photo look attractive.

(10)
 Then, the tenth and eleventh photojournalism was from 9:00 pm until 11:00 pm. It was showing how to cook the spaghetti, pork rite, chicken chop and lamb chop. I liked the fire which came out when he cooking the food. It must feel spectacular for a chef. From the photo, I know that he was very serious to cook food.

(11)

(12)
The last photojournalism was from 11:00 pm until 11:30 pm. The photo shows his happy emotion from his face when get ready to go home. I got to get a photo of when he helped to clean the kitchen in a small thumbnail. The time of the photo was in 11:30 pm. He was very happy and enjoyed the photo shooting moment and he also asked me to shoot a photo of him with his assistants.

    I was happy with this project. I had created the photojournalism on a Day in the Chef’s Life. The chef was very friendly, studious, sincere, honest, loyal, genial, and helpful. That why he was willing to let me have a photo shooting on his life to help me in this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment